Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photography Contest


1. Celebration: 4.15.11; 6pm; Newport, California; f 5.6; 1/800; Canon Rebel T2i; Manual Mode

The Story: This picture was fun to take. My family loves to surf, and my Dad has taught every one of his six kids how to surf. This particular day was the weekend that I got my camera. So, I didn't know a lot about the techniques and options on my camera. However I knew this day would be something fun that I would want to remember. I love this particular picture because you can see the celebration on my Dad's face and the success that little Timothy felt that day.

I like this picture because it illustrates celebration in a different way than I expected it to be portrayed. This may not be the best photography I have taken, but it fits the contest theme perfectly. I was debating between other images that were more creative and fun, but they did not fit the theme as well as this image did. Minor edits were done in camera raw such as saturation and exposure. No further edits were applied.

Contest: The contest I chose was titled Celebration. It was put on by Brigham Young University Idaho's Photographics Society. I chose this contest because the theme was fun. The contest date was the 5th of July, so I knew there would be a lot of firework shots. So instead I chose to illustrate celebration in another way. I chose this picture because you can feel the emotion and celebration between this Father and Son.

Contest Link: http://www.byuiphotographics.blogspot.com/ (July 5th, 2011)


1 comment:

  1. I can't see your photo on the byu contest website. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete